Tuesday, August 11, 2009

A Bad Cloud

I went to find the post office today, and found it after a brief misdirection. On my way home, however, the rain started. It has rained everday so far, always rather suddenly, violently, and briefly. So it came again today. It started thundering when I neared the post office, but it rumbled for awhile without result, so I kept walking. The other day, I heard a pure thunderstorm pass, which never rained yet made a terrific racket--thence I drew my confidence.
But it caught me about four blocks from home, and rained like it meant it. I found an awning and stood under it, still pretty dry, and from there I watched the storm for a half-hour or so. After awhile, I went round the side of the bulding to see what it was I was in front of, and got wet in the process, and turned around quickly, returning to my awning. After the rain let up a little, I went round again and in. The place was called Cannon's, and it was good. I had a shrimp remoulade ("rOmoulade") and fried green tomatoes.
Then I went home, I guess. More adventures to come!

No comments: