Thursday, November 13, 2008

The Norm

I popped into the JCR (the college bar) for a few games of pool for a break in my after-dinner reading. For 30p, the silly tables they have are not a bad deal, and I've learned to use them. I've written about this before, I think, but to remind you: The tables, cues, and balls, are very small. According to my acquaintance, Sean, these are the norm here.
While there, I learned that tonight is a major event in rugby initiation--the night initiates have to run around the quad naked. My granny always said, Don't be in a frat. I think her reasons were different, but this kind of shenanigan is enough to keep me away from such groups, so when it comes time for me to pass on wisdom to my grandchildren, I'll extend it: Don't be in a frat or on a rugby team.

No comments: