Friday, April 2, 2010

Spring, Fall, and Summer

I'm not sure what season it is in New Orleans.

All of the flowers bloomed while I was away on Spring Break--so did spring break while I was away?

The temperature, in any other place that I've lived, would suggest summer, since the sun at its peak carries us well into the 80s. But I know better than to call that NOLA's summer heat, which is twenty or thirty degrees above that in the hot shade of August.

Yet there are also many leaves on the ground. I haven't kept careful track of this, but there might always be leaves on the ground, as though the trees were indoor pets who always shed and renew their coats with no regard for the season. To get along in my own disorientation, I am doing my best to do the same.

[Click for higher resolution, esp. to see what I did with some MG beads.]

No comments: